On 9/8/13 1:20 PM, Not@home wrote:
> I have Vista with SeaMonkey 2.20.
>
> When I open the browser, my home page loads promptly.  But when I go to
> any other page (a second page) it loads about 75 to 90 percent of the
> page, then dawdles for quite a while (easily more that one minute), then
> completes loading.  Thereafter, subsequent pages load normally.
>
> So something is balking the second page I go to.  Where should I look
> for a solution?

How long is your home page?  If it is much longer than the view port
(the display area), can you scroll it immediately?

In my primay profile, I have a long home page (the result of exporting
my bookmarks to an HTML file); it takes 61 uses of the Page Down key to
scroll from the top to the bottom.  On launching SeaMonkey, I can't
scroll, find, or do much of anything for a few seconds after the initial
display.  (Actually, I can scroll about 10 lines before it refuses to
scroll farther.)  I suspect this is a result of having very many
bookmarks.  In another of my profiles, I have only 8 bookmarks; I don't
have any delay there.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.