Rick Merrill wrote:
Mort wrote:
Jens Hatlak wrote:
Mort wrote:
How can I go about getting the most recent older version of S/M. back,
without losing any of my data?  I have literally thousands of edited
and
corrected photos in Picasa on that P.C., and not being able to e-mail
them is a big problem.

As mentioned elsewhere, it is not advised to downgrade from a security
point of view. But otherwise it should be as simple as getting an older
version from our homepage.

However I wonder whether you could (for the time being) work around your
problem by using alternate methods of file transfer. Did you try to drag
& drop images to the attachments area of SM compose windows? You can
launch such windows even from SM browser windows by simply pressing
Ctrl+M.

HTH

Jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, dragging and dropping an
image does not
work. I get an international "no" sign,and the image does not drop
into the
attachment area of "compose".

It is very frustrating, as before I updated to the newest S.M., it worked
beautifully. I have thousands of images in Picasa, laboriously edited
one at a time,
and dread the thought of losing them, or of having  to re-edit them on
another PC.

Using SM2.22.1 I have "discovered" that when composing 'plain text' you
cannot put a picture in the email body, but it can be attached.

When composing email in 'html' however I can pulldown an 'image' (next
to the smiley faces) and it accepts the picture nicely and said picture
is visible in the email body.

That is interesting. My problem is somewhat different. Ordinarily, clicking on "e-mail" icon in Picasa, with a photo on screen, the screen automatically shows a "compose" frame, with the said picture already there as an attachment. However, in my old PC with thousands of edited pix on it, instead of a compose frame, the S.M. home page comes up. The only change that I made was to download the newest SM.. I am checking out the hundreds of mail user set lines, etc., plus other settings to search for a clue, as nicely advised by Daniel.

Mort Linder

---
is active.