Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:

I have turned off collecting addresses years ago, that address book
is empty. I checked.

Hmm. I'll have to look and see if the offending addresses are AOL or
not. I think they are not but need to verify.

Since "Collected Addresses" is empty, the form of AOL addresses won't
matter. Of course, if your Personal Address Book contains a record for
John Smith as "johnsmith" <johnsm...@aol.com>, you won't find it by
entering "John Smith."

One other place you could look:

Edit | Preferences | Mail & Newsgroups | Addressing:
When addressing messages, look for matching entries in:
[x] Local Address Books
[ ] Directory Server:

If the last box is checked, verify that the specified server is where
you want SM to look for matches.

Nope, box unchecked.

--
Ed Mullen