DoctorBill wrote:
> Paul wrote:

> "As mentioned by several people, first add a
>> newserver, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT
> then to that server add the group:
>> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general  AGAIN - HOW?"  DoctorBill

Doctor Bill,

You can sign up for free newsserver access here:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

I don't think it will be too difficult if you follow their instructions.
However, be aware that you cannot register if you are using an att.net
email.

It has at least two XP newsgroups including the following:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
alt.comp.os.windows-xp

Those of us in our eighties have no problem registering with and using
Eternal-September so you young pups in your seventies should be able to
handle it :-)