On 5/6/14 1:48 AM +0900, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Cerise wrote:

On 5/5/2014 5:49 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

The most obvious hypothesis is that the ISP changed its policy. But
that will have to be proven by the alternate-email-client test.

The most obvious is really that their SMTP server is broken. The
says the message is too large.

That could be, too. But I've seen enough erroneous error messages in my
day that I don't automatically trust their diagnoses. When I run my
Access database, I sometimes get a message that the system doesn't have
enough memory or disk space to do such-and-such, when in fact it has
oodles of both and Access is choosing not to use it.

The OP has just reported this morning that his test with Outhouse
Distress failed in exactly the same way as SeaMonkey did, so the problem
isn't with the email client.

The problem could be something as obtuse as a network adapter driver that needs an update. It may be with the originating system rather than on the destination server.

--
// Trane Francks   tr...@tranefrancks.com   Tokyo, Japan