PhillipJones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
On 5/13/2014 4:41 PM, Philip Taylor wrote:

Rufus wrote:

...I'd like to see all of the bugs that are preventing me from using
the
Profile Manager fixed, and for SM to actually use my pref setting for
Master Password.

And fix the bug for following on-disk paths for .html files so I can
stop having to use Safari to open my Epson Help manual.

And my wish is even simpler :  that all documented bugs are fixed
before
any further "development" takes place.

Philip Taylor

Philip, there is no such thing as bugless software of the complexity of
SeaMonkey.  If you tried to do what you ask, then no further development
would ever take place, and the browser would soon become unusable as the
web slowly changed.

...personally, I don't think SM is all that "complex"...it's not like it
does 3D graphic presentations with interactive panning and rotation or
anything math-intensive like that.

Still Rather Complex to do Email Newsgroup Web Browsing ant one it could
do FTP.

Not really...you write three routines, and one routine to drive them all.

I used to do that with my engineering homework...I'd code each assignment as a subroutine and as the semester went on I'd just choose the function I needed form the previous assignment and write a driver to call them as needed to get the result for the next assignment.

My prof used to ask why I had to write such "fancy code"..."why don't you just do the assignment". He never caught on that by doing things as I had the assignments actually were getting easier as he gave them out - copy, cut, paste, script.

--
     - Rufus