Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 5/25/14 1:11 PM +0900, Rufus wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 5/25/14 6:13 AM +0900, Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:

I'm still dubious about the blue wheel...I need to check that
on my
1.1.19 install and see what I see.

I just now got it, loading this group, on this machine, because it
has
394 unread in the group.  But, like I said already, to me, it's
just a
new color, not a new thing.

GW

I concur.

I got it trying to open the Folder that's been giving me
problems...but
this time, I also got a message that "SM cannot open this Folder
because
another process it using it - try again later".  I had to quit SM and
restart to actually clear the problem...same as always.

Is there a size limit for Folders or something?..

Nope. When you get that message, it's pretty much always because SM is
compacting the folder.

...I thought I had control over that?

its a setting...IDR where....it can compact periodically automatically,
or ask you, or not at all....

GW

I did manage to find it - you can set the Pref to Compact when it will
save a given amount of disk space.  I must have hit it just right, I may
adjust my setting.

choose an odd number.
That fixed my hang-up / stall on automatic message checking back around
2005.  Mozilla didn't like 2,4,6,8 or 10 so I put 9.  Fixed it! (strange
but true)

GW

It's interesting that the problem now seems to be just with this one Folder...I've just had it happen again, and had to close and re-open SM after attempting to drag a post into it.

And even more interesting is that upon restart of SM I can see that the task of dragging the post into the Folder was completed even though Mail was still hung/in wait after the drag and wouldn't "wake up".

There are 1459 items in this Folder...I have another one that is bigger, and after trying to drag something into it, this happens with that one as well - now I've got the blue-ball again...

...after I re-launch, I'll try it with a smaller one and see what happens. Pretty sure now it's not connected to Folders being Compacted.

--
     - Rufus