Hartmut Figge wrote:
EE wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
Trane Francks:

[https://soundcloud.com/steveduzz/game-of-thrones-main-theme-80s-version]

It certainly auto-played here!

Try it with unchecked 'Advertise Firefox compatibility'. ;)

I am using Firefox compatibility.  That audio did not play for me
automatically.

Interesting. You are using 2.26.1 and i have used 2.30a1. Also, we are
using a different OS.

Now i am also using 2.26.1. I can do that because i did download the
release before some hours to test another issue. *g*

On a fresh profile the audio started automatically. That was expected
because the Firefox compatibility is default. But. Almost always there
is a but. :)

Using 2.26.1 with my default profile, the one i use with 2.30a1, audio
did *not* start automatically. Whatever the Firefox compatibility was
set to. Hm.

You could also test the issue with a fresh profile. Just to enhance the
confusion. :-D

Hartmut

I much prefer to have to click a play button to get an audio item to play rather than have it start by itself. I am going to leave things alone.