Ray_Net wrote:
Larry S. wrote, On 17/09/2014 22:58:
I have regularly installed each Sea Monkey update as they came along,
even with the occasional "warts". Now I'm uncertain, for the first
time, about updating to 2.29. As I read this news group, I see reports
of many more issues than normally come with new releases.

Some of these are:
--All the issues caused by the Remember Password extension,
     a major concern for me if it can't be used.
--Address book sorting and searching.
--Can't see jpgs in news groups.
--History issues.
--Confusing change in the cache.
--Freezes.
--"Won't start" issues.
--Mail folder errors and confused behavior.
--Flash plug-in problems.

Yes, there is apparently a workaround for the password problem, but
it's awkward at best.

So--can anyone reassure me that I won't be bedeviled by problems if I
update? I'd really like to, but am hesitant right now.

Thank you for any thoughts and advice.

Larry S.
SM got more bugs ... each version add bugs.
But to be more positive - perhaps you should wait for 2.29.2 or 2.30.

I had problems only with the addressbook sorting (I do not use the Remember Password extension). I found that the sorting is fine if one accesses it from the sidebar. The records were scrambled only in the addressbook window.