NoOp wrote:
On 09/18/2014 07:24 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 09/17/2014 06:45 PM, Paul Bergsagel wrote:
Larry S. wrote:
I have regularly installed each Sea Monkey update as they came along,
even with the occasional "warts". Now I'm uncertain, for the first time,
about updating to 2.29. As I read this news group, I see reports of many
more issues than normally come with new releases.

Some of these are:
--All the issues caused by the Remember Password extension,
        a major concern for me if it can't be used.
--Address book sorting and searching.
--Can't see jpgs in news groups.
--History issues.
--Confusing change in the cache.
--Freezes.
--"Won't start" issues.
--Mail folder errors and confused behavior.
--Flash plug-in problems.

Yes, there is apparently a workaround for the password problem, but it's
awkward at best.

So--can anyone reassure me that I won't be bedeviled by problems if I
update? I'd really like to, but am hesitant right now.

Thank you for any thoughts and advice.

Larry S.
For Me Seamonkey has worked with no issues (i have observed). IMHO 2.29
has been a good update and is definitely ready for prime time!!!

+1

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/32.0 SeaMonkey/2.29

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/32.0 SeaMonkey/2.29

<snip>

Just noticed you can't clear the cache file.

I wasn't able to clear cache from Prefbar, but I was able to clear it
from Preferences|Advanced|Cache. I'll need to figure out the new modify
to clear using the new entries;
<http://www.janbambas.cz/new-firefox-http-cache-enabled/>

browser.cache.disk.metadata_memory_limit
currently set to:
browser.cache.disk.metadata_memory_limit;250
and
browser.cache.disk.preload_chunk_count
currently set to:
browser.cache.disk.preload_chunk_count;4

That what I tried to use was Preference >Advanced > Cache

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:pjones...@comcast.net