On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:05:21
From: Barry Edwin Gilmour <barrygilm...@bigpond.com>
To: support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Newsgroups: mozilla.support.seamonkey
Subject: Re: Seamonkey as .deb package

Bret Busby wrote on 08/18/2014 01:48 PM:
Hello.

I am hoping that I have not previously posted this query to this list.

As the Debian Project has omitted iceape, its derivative of Seamonkey, from Debian 7, I am wondering what is the prospect of Seamonkey being released as a .deb package for installation on Debian 7.

I had tried installing the Seamonkey tarball, according to the published instructions, and could not then get Seamonkey to work.

As a .deb package, software is usually installed, with all dependencies taken care of, and the launch link, added to the appropriate desktop menu, so it makes it all, relatively simple.

The system upon which I was unable to get Seamonkey to work (and I am not sure that it properly installed), is Debian 7 amd64 LXDE.

I note that, on the web page at
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
the download for MS Windows, is a .exe installer, so I suppose that what I am seeking, is the equivalent, as a .deb package for Debian 7 amd64 .

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
  A Trilogy In Four Parts",
  written by Douglas Adams,
  published by Pan Books, 1992
<http://main.mepis-deb.org/mepiscr/testrepo/pool/test/s/seamonkey/>

Hello.

Thank you for the link.

However, of all of the packages listed on that web page, which is/are the one(s) that I need to download and install, to get the full Seamonkey suite installed on the particular system?

Thank you in anticipation.