On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Bret Busby wrote:

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 23:41:17
From: Bret Busby <b...@busby.net>
To: "support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org"
    <support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: RE: Seamonkey as .deb package

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, James Mc wrote:

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 04:32:22
From: James Mc <spaceknig...@hotmail.com>
To: "support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org"
    <support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org>

If you are still looking for a deb package...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ubuntuzilla/files/mozilla/apt/pool/main/s/seamonkey-mozilla-build/

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

James
Indiana

Hello.

Thank you for the link.

I will try it when I next boot up the Debian 7 system (which, at present, happens about once a month, for a couple of hours, due to what is involved).

Regarding the proverb that you have included above, I believe that the originator is wrong; if people do nothing, and allow evil, then they are not good; they are complicit in the evil.

My simplified (and, I believe, more accurate) version of that proverb, is

"Evil flourishes where apathy prevails"
.

Unfortunately, the version 2.29 of Seamonkey at the above link, appears to be not a working version.

I downloaded and installed it, then found that a british english dictionary is not available (spellchecking for outgoing email, is useful, but, does not prevent the sending of badly spelled messages in the absence of a spellchecking dictionary) for the version 2.29, but, also found that the mail component would not either create a Sent messages folder, or, copy sent messages to that folder (which it would not create).

I have separate outgoing (IMAP) and incoming (SMTP) servers, but, in trying different combinations of settings, including the settings that I have been successfully using in iceape on Debian 6, I could not get Seamonkey 2.29 mail, working on Debian 7 amd64 LXDE.

So, after having spent about an hour, trying unsuccessfully to get the mail facility set up in Seamonkey 2.29, I have had to give up, and write it off as unusable.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."