On 12/27/2014 1:11 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:

Again, to clarify, as people tend to insert behaviors into my posts that
I never did.  I am NOT sharing a profile across multiple platforms. I
was simply copying the places.sqlite file from one system to another
("sneaker net") via USB stick.  This way I keep my book marks in sync
between my office computer, my home computer, and my home laptop.  The
office PC is Windows7 Enterprise.  The home computer and laptop both run
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  Under Ubuntu I also have VirtualBox images of WinXP
and Win7 running Firefox, so I use the places.sqlite file to update
those copies as well.

This all worked just fine prior to 2.29, then it stopped.  The "work
around" is to delete the places.sqlite* files from the receiving
directories before copying over places.sqlite.

As to why I don't create a Mozilla account and keep those in sync via
the "Cloud" well... I think by now we've ALL seen just how "secure" the
cloud really is.

Ditto.
--
"A 'practical joker' deserves applause for his wit according to its quality. Bastinado is about right. For exceptional wit one might grant keelhauling. But staking him out on an anthill should be reserved for the very wittiest." --Lazarus Long