On 06/02/15 17:11, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 06/02/15 08:46, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
EE wrote:
Ant wrote:
On 2/3/2015 7:41 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

A few times, I got e-mails that were not wordwrapped when replying
to them. I know reading them before responding were fine though.
Also, I use plain text when composing.

Thank you in advance. :)

Select the paragraphs in question and do CTRL-R.

It doesn't work very well, though -- you may have to insert
greater-than signs (quote marks) manually and repeat. Best if you
can select several paragraphs.

Wow, I never noticed that option in menu and its ^R options. Where
have
I been? LOL! It's very handy now. Thank you! :D

The only reference I can find for Ctrl-R for SeaMonkey messaging is
reply.  What is that supposed to do with text?  What is the name of the
change?

In a mail composition window, it's under Edit | Rewrap.

You're right that CTRL-R has other functions in other contexts. In a
browser window, it's "reload," and in a mail window (other than a
composition window), it's "reply."

... and, Paul, I guessing, that that's in a *HTML* Message Compose
window, 'cause I don't see any mention of "Edit", let alone "Rewrap"
that you mentioned in my Plain Text Mail Compose window!

On my Win7/SM 2.32 installation, Edit | Rewrap is available whether I'm
composing in plain text or HTML. Of course, the results are somewhat
different when using bars in HTML or greater-than signs in plain text.

The menu headings across the top of my mail composition windows are:

Plain text:
File | Edit | View | Options | Tools | Window | Help

HTML:
File | Edit | View | Insert | Format | Options | Tools | Window | Help

In both cases, "Edit" is the second item, and in both cases, "Edit"
contains the option "Rewrap." Have you done something to modify the
menus, or are they really that different in Linux?

In my (Plain Text) Compose window, the top bar has the "Window Menu" and "On all Desktop" buttons, "Compose: (no subject)" title and the "Minimise", "Maximise" and "Close" buttons.

Then I have a row of icons (note: icons not text, if that makes any difference) to "Send Mail", "Recipients", "Attachments", "Spellcheck", "Security Settings" and "Save" buttons.

No "File | Edit | View | Insert | Format | Options | Tools | Window | Help" bar or even one with the appropriate buttons on it!! At Edit->Preferences->Composer->Toolbars, I can select which buttons I want on either the "Composition Toolbar" or "Formatting Toolbar", but, still, no mention of "File | Edit | View | Insert | Format | Options | Tools | Window | Help"

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20150101220549