Ray_Net wrote:
Ray_Net wrote on 13/02/2015 23:50:
Jonathan N. Little wrote on 13/02/2015 19:11:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Could this be something as simple as purging the DNS cache?

[Windows key]+R, enter
     cmd
and hit Enter. In the window that opens, type
     ipconfig/flushdns
and hit Enter. Windows should reply:
     Windows IP Configuration
     Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
Type
     exit
and hit Enter.

Then try your vid again.

Might, worth a try. But looked more like the problem was at the
router. Using nslookup and switching dns nameservers would be a
telling test.

Effectively, purging the dns cache did not cure my problem.
I have just contacted my isp asking him why I cannot reach
c.brightcove.com

My discussion (about 4 mails) ended with their sentence "We are sorry,
but we cannot help you".

Well that is nice of them. Just for ha-ha's if you want to try circumventing your ISP's DNS servers and it looks like you are on Windows 7 so try this.

Got to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center"

Click "Local Area Connection" (assuming you are not on dialup)

Click "Properties"  and select "Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)"

Click "Properties" and change from "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to "Use the following..." and enter Google's servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then OK out

Open a command window WinKey+R "cmd"

Clear you resolver cache

ipconfig/flushdns

Then see if your lookup matches what others get 64.74.101.75:

nslookup c.brightcove.com

HTH

--
Take care,