On 28/02/2015 02:18, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Paul Bergsagel schrieb:
>> Surprisingly SeaMonkey has been rated as more secure than Firefox
>>
>> Please scroll down to the second table:
>>
>> http://www.zdnet.com/article/mac-os-x-is-the-most-vulnerable-os-claims-security-firm/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

Thank you SeaMonkey developers!!!

> This just confirms that a count of fixed vulnerabilities is a very
> bad measure for security. It just means that Firefox developers are
> more vigilant in finding and fixing security issues, while the small
> SeaMonkey team has no time to even look for any and just inherits
> platform fixes.

For your information, I've been keeping a eye out that I've been
monitoring front end security patches landing in Firefox
(mozilla-central/browser) for more than a year and a half. I've been
porting these changes as they come in. Front end Firefox vulnerabilities
are pretty rare compared to backend problems. It is possible that I've
missed one or two, but I believe I've either fixed all known (front-end)
security issues or confirmed that they don't affect SeaMonkey.

Phil