Daniel wrote:

Wasn't there, some time ago, a fad where a web page would determine
which browser you were using (MSIE/FF) and display a page supposed set
up particularly for that Browser??

Not so long ago, and it hasn't passed. It's called "browser sniffing":
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_sniffing>
In principle, if you write W3C-compliant code, you shouldn't need it.

Could this be the problem??

If done wrong, perhaps...

(I note that Paul's User-Agent string mentions Ff & SM, but as David is
posting with TB, I'm guessing he is viewing with FF.)

A reasonable guess, but he did post this UA string:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.26.1

Paul B. Gallagher