John Duncan wrote on 19/10/2015 05:33:
Marisa Ciceran wrote:
Others have probably already reported this, so please forgive me if I am
being repetitive. Once again, JPMorgan Chase Bank (http://chase.com)
does not recognize Seamonkey version  2.38. When I go to their Home
page, it states:

    Please upgrade your browser.

    Your browser is out of date. For a faster and more secure online
    experience upgrade your browser to the most recent version. Click
    here for a list of recommended browsers
    <https://www.chase.com/services/browser-update.html>.

Unlike prior occasions when this had happened, this time it lets me log
in anyway, but each times their system goes through a process of
verifying my PC as if it is "new" to their system. Any suggestions on
how to get rid of this nagging process?

Thanks,

Marisa

Other than setting a custom user agent to /only/ advertise the firefox version (simply remove the `SeaMonkey/2.38' so it ends with `Firefox/41.0.'), I'm not sure what you'd do.

This is an annoying process, as you would have to manually update it each time you update your version of SeaMonkey, but it would probably work. if you go to your about:config, and add a New -> String with name: "general.useragent.override" and value: "[your old user-agent minus the semaonkey portion]" for me, this would be: "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0"

I simply removed the `SeaMonkey/2.38' and `Lightning/4.3b2' portions from my normal user agent (you can use something like http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ if you're not sure what your exact UA is). This could possibly fix your issue, if that's indeed your they're doing their browser sniffing. Perhaps that's happening because it can't save the cookie correctly?

- John D.

So SeaMonkey will never been recognized by webmasters .... It' better to contact the bank !!!!

Anyway, you can close this pop-up ignoring their stupid alert :-)