On 18/11/2015, Ray_Net <tbrraymond.schmit...@tbrscarlet.be> wrote:
> Bret Busby wrote on 17/11/2015 17:55:
>> , so I would not expect to find any current anti-malware software,
>> available for MS Windows XP or any earlier versions of MS Windows.
> Why did you say that ?
> On page: https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
> We can read:
> *Software Requirements:*
> Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit only)

Hmmm.

I have never heard of that one.

So, is the original poster's system, 32-bit?

In the lack of specifications provided by the original poster, that is
consequently one omission, so, that particular previously unknown (to
me) anti-malware software, may not be applicable to the original
poster's system, anyway.

However, that does not alter the fact that no-one should now be using
MS Windows XP - to so do, is like leaving all of the doors and windows
of a house, open and unlocked, when leaving the house (especially, if
the computer is connected to the Internet, or otherwise is accessible
to external data, such as optical disks or USB drives).

I reiterate, as has already been proposed, that the original poster
sgould be considering switching to something like UbuntuMATE Linux,
which is more stable, efficient, and, more supported, than MS Windows;
and, UbuntuMATE Linux is free.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale