tokyoprogresss...@mailbox.org wrote:

Hi

I thought I sent this yesterday but it seems not to have gone
through. I tried to enter my gmail data but got a message gmail
telling me they blocked the attempt to retrieve email from this
application because it was not an up-to-date one. I have the most
recent Mac copy of SM, so I want to confirm if, in fact, gmail does
not play ball with Sea Monkey, if there may be another reason for
that message, or what.

If true, and since I want to get away from OSX Mail due to its own
bugs in getting duplicates of gmail messages, it seems I may be
forced to have gmail forward new mail to my mailbox.org account.

Your advice welcomed.

"Hard to say..." ;-)

Can't speak for the Mac side, but I've been using various PC versions of SM for years to retrieve Gmail without difficulty or complaint from Google. Gmail does have a setting (accessible through their webmail) to enable POP mail downloads, but if you haven't forgotten to do that, you should have no problem.

Paul B. Gallagher