Ken Rudolph wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 03/28/2016 10:03 PM, Ken Rudolph wrote:
Ken Rudolph wrote:
Chase Bank is insisting that soon they are going to refuse to access
their site with my "outdated" browser.  Of course my SeaMonkey browser
is up to date (Win 7, SM 2.39); but they don't accept SeaMonkey as an
approved browser.  I would like to change my User Agent that is sent
out
to Firefox 30.0 or something similar to spoof them.  Could somebody
please tell me EXACTLY STEP BY STOP how to do this even for an idiot
like me!  The alternate is to give up SeaMonkey and I don't want to do
that.

I tried using a User Agent changer that was supplied in a plugin; but
that doesn't work.  Right now the true UA is:  User agent: Mozilla/5.0
(Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
SeaMonkey/2.39

I just want something that Chase Bank will think is acceptable. Thanks
again.

Um, Install a modern browser and just use it for Chase Bank ❓❓❓

Like Firefox 45.0.1 <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/>

Well d'uh!  I can use my installed Firefox or Chrome and occasionally
do; but I want to use SeaMonkey which IS A MODERN BROWSER.  Why should I
have to compromise using my main browser?

to set just for Chase you can do what I did for stupid Netflix, add a useragent override for that domain

about:config

create a new string for chase.com or whatever the bank's domain is:
general.useragent.override.chase.com

and set value:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0

You may have to update to though periodically. Or write complaint to bank's support that they should stop useragent sniffing and instead do object detection for browser support.

--
Take care,

Jonathan