On 3/28/2016 10:01 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Ken Rudolph composed on 2016-03-28 19:32 (UTC-0700):

In any event as many people as possible should be point banks
that do as
Chase seems to be doing to the instructions on:

     http://geckoisgecko.org/

Banks, like other web sites, can, and should, be supporting
browser
functionality, not browsers.

Of course!  But tell that to the banks.  I don't have the power
to do
anything.

The primary point of this part of my response was that you DO
have the power to point out to them that their technology is
obsolete, through that web URL, and elsewhere. Any bank as big as
Chase has no excuse to continue using obsolete technology, or
demand its users use browsers from an arbitrary "supported" list.

If you want to be heard on this point, I suggest you do it
multiply, and include both telephone contact, and face to face
visits with as many branch managers as bank locations you can
reasonably visit.

And perhaps a formal complaint to your state's consumer protection agency. I say the state rather than federal as a corollary to the old saying "all politics is local".