On 4/19/2016 6:02 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/19/2016 1:16 PM, EE wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
Environment: SeaMonkey 2.26.1 under WinXP Pro SP3
[Environment will *NOT* be changing in near future]

I'm working on two projects for which very different browser defaults
make sense.
BUT I *MUST* have access to the same set of mails and Usenet accounts
[including status, flag, very customized tags, etc].

How?
TIA

Mail and newsgroups do not involve the browser.  If you mean that you
want the browser to work when you click a link in either mail or
newsgroup message, that should work regardless.

No, I think Owlett wants to be able to switch browser profiles without
losing the current mail-news session (without switching mail-news
profile).

That is the idea. Your phrasing may be a little more restrictive than what I'm thinking of.