On 4/24/2016 6:12 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 24/04/2016 12:39 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 4/20/2016 12:12 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

Create a new profile and migrate your email and news.

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_SeaMonkey>

Then make whatever changes you want.

As I said elsewhere I hadn't read that for several and
misremembered its
scope.
I'm taking this as an opportunity for a major
housecleaning/reorganization and preparation for an upcoming
move from
WinXP to Debian Linux. All files that pertain to how I use SM
will be in
a directory structure that's aimed at how I work, not SM's default
layout. It's more work but should pay off in long run.

<Snip>

Richard, was this what you were trying to do all along??

Not by design.
It's more a case of diverse projects from side issues of speech recognition, GPS, and being 'tech support' for friends influencing primary and secondary goals and means.
IOW a complete stew.

Reason I ask is that I duel boot Windows 7 with Mageia Linux and
have SeaMonkey installed on both systems.

I then share the one set of Profile files, which are on my
Windows G\:, with both SeaMonkey installations.

The reason I but the profile files on a Windows partition is
because my Mageia Linux can "see" my Windows drives, but my
Windows cannot "see" my Linux mounts!!

That good to know although long term I don't intend to dual boot much. I suspect I may continue with Windows for internet access due to inertia.
Debian will be for productive work.