On 4/20/2016 8:21 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
[SNIP]

Create a new profile and migrate your email and news.

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_SeaMonkey>

Then make whatever changes you want.
[SNIP]

I'm sorry my brain can't deal with this.  So I'll say that the OP
is asking for something that can't be done outside of what I've
suggested.

Users frequently ask for that: Functionality that doens't exist.

The OP, as I read this, hasn't replied so I can't be sure.

I had had only a brief glance at thread between your previous post and this morning. I had a faulty memory of the Mozillazine article having last seen it when moving from SeaMonkey version 1.? to version 2. Read the complete article over my morning cup of coffee.

It and the reminders in intervening posts of functionality available with pref.js and user.js allow me a *TESTED* solution for email. I will have to run tests to see just how well it works for USENET. I suspect I may have to download to local storage.

I should have test results sometime tomorrow.
Just 'cause I'm retired doesn't mean I spend ALL day at the keyboard ;/
THANK YOU ALL.