On 04/20/2016 01:12 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 4/20/2016 7:30 AM, Richard Owlett's fingers rattled off:
On 4/19/2016 9:52 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

On 4/19/2016 7:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

How? This might help.
<http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#sharing>

Link valuable on other topics while it avoids my question.

No, it really doesn't. Read the second subhead in the linked
section:

*IT IGNORES A _CRITICAL_ !!!REQUIREMENT!!!* that I keep repeating
to wit
"BUT I *MUST* have access to the same set of mails and Usenet accounts
[including status, flag, very customized tags, etc]. "

I have a dozen _*!!!customized!!!*_ tags. They are *CRITICAL* to me!!!!!!
Tagging info does not come across. Only the 10 default tags available.
As a minor annoyance it loses my current user name and server name.

_Sharing Mail directories_

Go to: Edit -> Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings -> <your
account name here> -> Server Settings.

Under the "Local directory" field, you'll see a file path. You
can make two or more more profiles share the same mail directory
by setting each account to the same file path in the local
directory field.

Create a new profile and migrate your email and news.

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_SeaMonkey>

Then make whatever changes you want.

The problem with that is after he has migrated the mail and news, he says it doesn't migrate the 12 customized tags to the 2nd profile.

Also, as I understand it, if he reads mail, tags mail, flags mail in profile #1, he wants it to be displayed in profile #2 already downloaded, tagged, flagged, marked as read, etc.

I don't think that is even possible.

--
    Linux Mint 17.3
    Go Pens! Go Bucs!