NFN Smith wrote:

On the new machine, some advocate that you copy the
.\Profiles\profiles.ini file, and ensure that the profile folders have
identical names, but in my experience, that isn't necessary.  I've found
no problems with simply starting the profile creation wizard far enough
to create the profile folder, and then copying the profile contents from
the other machine -- it's not a problem, if the folder names aren't
identical.

Agree, have done this countless times, including moving profile to different OS. All you have to do is edit profiles.ini and change the setting to point to the transferred profile dir name.

; comment out initial install profile
; Path=Profiles/abcd1234.default
; and change to transferred profile
Path=Profiles/efgh5678.default

Alternatively you could just rename the profile folder to match the INI.

--
Take care,

Jonathan