On 23/09/2016 11:10, Daniel wrote:
On 23/09/2016 3:19 AM, Michael wrote:
On 22/09/2016 18:03, Michael wrote:
I wrote a few days ago about adblock plus not stopping ads all the time,
unless the page is refreshed.

Someone asked me for an example so here is one
http://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

In this case all the ads appear as the page loads , loads of ads for
google chrome. then the ads disappear after the page fully loads or
failing this pressing F5.

Is it just me, is it normal to see the ads even  before the page fully
loads ?

Michael

Another one
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/22/gay-teen-suing-school-that-refused-to-let-him-bring-date-to-prom/

No ads for me ....Adblock Plus 2.7.3 and, even though I have "Default"
selected for "Automatic Updates", it's telling me I was last updated on
Friday, 29 July 2016. Even clicking "Check for Updates" achieved nothing!!

When first reading the OP, I thought it might be something "they" were
doing for "Slow" connections .... send out the ads first to give the
user something to read whilst the real website info was downloaded ...
so I expected my (slowish) 3G USB Dongle connection to see these ads ...
but NO.

Original Poster Here although my address may be different from before because I reinstalled newsgroup.

Firstly with Adblock Plus I have the following lists selected "Easylist", "Malware Domains" and "Fanboys Social Blocking List". The Adblock Plus button appears on the same line as the home button,which other browsers would probably call the bookmark bar.

Tonight I updated a programme called "Sumo" , very good programme etc. Pressed the icon to be taken to http://kcsoftwares.com/ to download and was greeted with an ad saying you may wish to check your computer/registry for errors, (this is a sponsor I think at KCsoftwares) this ad disappeared after a few seconds. Ads are not showing so frequently on sites. If I uninstalled Seamonkey and reinstalled would it keep my preferences ?

Would this be my only solution ?

Michael