Stanimir Stamenkov <s7a...@netscape.net> writes:

> Not completely sure what you're asking, but I suspect you might be using HTML
> composition for regular email where wrapping occurs just at the viewport
> boundary.  Just configure you account(s) to not compose messages in HTML:
>
>   * Either (right-click) select "Settings..." from the context menu of
> specific account in the Folder Pane, or via Mail window menu
>   * Edit -> Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...
>
> <Account name> / Composition & Addressing:
>
> [ ] Compose messages in HTML format
>
> (make sure it's unchecked)
>
> You could start a HTML composition for individual message/reply by holding
> down Shift while pressing the Compose, or Reply button.

The problem seems to be that when I am typing a news article the text
wraps as I type, but when I am typing an email message the text does not
wrap, at least not until I get to the right hand side of the Window,
which is quite a long way on this screen. This is true regardless of
whether it is html or plain text.

Anyway I sent myself an email and it seems to arrive wrapped, but I
cannot tell where the wrapping occured, i.e. did it occur in the viewer,
or before it was sent?

I posted to a mailing list and someone complained that I should wrap my
text as a courtesy. But I cannot tell if it is going to be wrapped or
not at the point I press send.