Tue, 03 Jan 2017 23:44:38 +0000, /Richmond/:

The problem seems to be that when I am typing a news article the text wraps as I type, but when I am typing an email message the text does not wrap, at least not until I get to the right hand side of the Window, which is quite a long way on this screen. This is true regardless of whether it is html or plain text.

Does this occur when you're replying to an existing message, or also/just when you're typing a new message?

Previously I've seen when replying to an existing message a quote block gets somehow extended to the text of the reply below it, and thus it doesn't get wrapped. There are no visible quote markers ('>'), but one could usually notice this during the composition as the color of the reply text gets the same as the quoted text color (default blue), and not the regular text color. One could usually get away from this state by cutting the already typed reply text, possibly hitting couple of Enters, and pasting the text over.

Don't know if that's your case, but see if it could help. SM 2.49a is a development version, so you might try more recent builds to see if your current issues are resolved, also.

Anyway I sent myself an email and it seems to arrive wrapped, but I cannot tell where the wrapping occured, i.e. did it occur in the viewer, or before it was sent?

I posted to a mailing list and someone complained that I should wrap my text as a courtesy. But I cannot tell if it is going to be wrapped or not at the point I press send.

--
Stanimir