Wed, 04 Jan 2017 22:24:13 +0000, /Richmond/:

Since posting that article, I found that if an email is saved as draft, it is saved in HTML format, even if it is a plain text message. So I guess it is converted from HTML to text as it is sent.

If it gets saved in HTML you should be really composing it in HTML. Have never seen such behavior of composing in plain text, and then message being saved as HTML draft, using any version of SeaMonkey. Does any of this change if you press and hold Shift while pressing the "Compose" button? (this alternates the preferred composition format)

This may also be dependent on me using IMAP.

I'm almost exclusively using IMAP (except one POP3 account), and haven't experienced what you're describing.

For the time being I am going to use gnus for posting to mailing lists.

I am not sure if this is a bug, or intended behaviour. I just tried seamonkey 2.40 with a new profile and I see the same thing there. Compose a new message and type text, it does not wrap at 72 characters.

This is quite weird. I wonder if it could be related to the platform/environment you're running SeaMonkey in.

--
Stanimir