mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Larry S. wrote:
Been getting slow response recently from SM--rotating circle for a while
until selected item comes in (mail and browser, but especially mail). I
see a couple of large items in my profile--places and webappsstore
sqlite files.

How large is "large"? My places.sqlite is 20MB, and webappsstore.sqlite
is 96KB.

I think webappsstore is used for "Offline Storage", which I've disabled
at Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Offline Apps and is probably why that
one's so small for me. I guess it might be worth trying to clear offline
storage data for websites which you don't need it (at the same
preferences page) and then setting it to only allow specific sites.

Also, I have DOM inspector and Javascript debugger both disabled,and
never use them.

Could (should)I delete any of these files? Would doing so create any
problems for me? Other thoughts about the slow response?

I don't expect removing the DOM Inspector and Javascript Debugger
extensions would make much difference, particularly as they're disabled.
The Javascript Debugger which used to be included in a default
installation of SeaMonkey isn't compatible with recent versions of
SeaMonkey (2.29 on I believe), so you may as well remove it. DOM
Inspector is still usually [1] included; you should be able to remove it
if you don't use or want it, but I doubt doing so will help much with
general responsiveness since it's already disabled.

[1] Not in 2.46 due to build issues, although it can be installed
separately and you've probably already got it from a previous version of
SeaMonkey.

My "places" is 51Mb and "webappstore" is 9Mb. I looked into off-line storage, and it shows 0 (I cleared it anyhow, just in case, but nothing happened). Thus I suspect that the "webappstore" isn't, in fact, something to do with off-line activity. Oh, well, still not finding the problem.

Larry S.