On 1/25/2017 at 4:00 PM, Ray_Net's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 25-01-17 08:52:
Well I prefer plain text not because of bandwidth limitation but it
has other advantages:

Security: No stupid picture links trying to divert you to an attack
site. You see the links in plain text and can decide if they are
legit. No hidden tags etc...

Readability: Most web fonts just s*ck and if the sender decides to
really play with colors and stuff it get urgkkk very fast :) When I
send and read mail its usually because of the information and the
blink blink just distracts from it.

And its so convenient just to copy and past the unformatted text into
your favorite editor or word processor.

When in HTML, I can also do a copy/paste into my prefered word processor.

Why your newspaper is not in plain-text ?

There is no e-newspaper I know of that is sent in plain text. They are all sent in a variety of "clever" intereactive digital formats. I subscribe to three so I know. I get HTML emails from all of them every day.

You can copy/special paste from a browser window and lose the formatting and that's fine. What's the problem?

This nonesense, anti-deluvial crap about plain-text is crap and nowhere near real-world. Who are you people and what world do you inhabit?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/