On 3/16/2017 9:21 AM, Richmond wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
On 3/16/2017 6:30 AM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Yahoo is eliminating POP3 on 3/31/2017 and therefore I have to switch
to IMAP

Do you have an url to confirm this?

From the Yahoo article: https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Basics/Switch-from-POP-to-IMAP-account/ta-p/16434

Yahoo Mail POP import discontinued, use IMAP instead

If you're using POP (Post Office Protocol) import to pull emails from another email account into Yahoo Mail, we encourage you to connect your external account via IMAP import. After March 31, 2017, we will no longer support POP import on desktop, as we're retiring the legacy system that supports this protocol. Any emails previously imported into Yahoo Mail will remain.

So yes, back to Defcon 1, POP is not disappearing but import to POP from another account is. Still, the hard sell on IMAP implies folks should switch. I agree. IMAP is far superiot to POP3.