TCW wrote on 16-03-17 13:51:
On 3/16/2017 6:30 AM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Yahoo is eliminating POP3 on 3/31/2017 and therefore I have to switch to IMAP and I understand I will have to create a new email account for IMAP. All my past emails are stored on my computer, not on the Yahoo server except for the last
two months or so. I am looking for a reference on Mozilla that gives an
explanation of (1) how to convert from POP3 to IMAP and (2) copy my old POP3
emails to my new IMAP account. Any suggestions for a good Help file?

Someone in a similar boat asked this question and I responded like so:

If *all* of your email is on the server and nothing is stored locally, you'll be ok to:

I did not understand why Yahoo force the IMAP interface killing the POP interface.
With the pop, I can have on my pop account a great amount of old mails.
With the imap, I think that after a certain time Yahoo will tell me that I have reached the limit of my Yahoo mailbox forcing me to destroy some mails..