Jonathan N. Little wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:

I got the file and added the lines to it, then renamed it userChrome.css
and tried to save it in that same sub-dir and was told I need permission
to save the file there.....? ? ? ? ? ?

What to do now ?

You are putting it in the wrong place, not under the program's directory
but under your profile.

Should go here:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[RANDOM].default\chrome

NOTE 1: Your profile directory will be uniquely names some 8 character
random name plus ".default"

NOTE 2: The chrome subdirectory may not be present. Just create and put
userChrome.css chrome there.

OK...I DO NOT HAVE any c:/Mozilla.org for SeaMonkey !
nor can I find a -----> "%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[RANDOM].default\chrome "

This used business computer came with Win 7 Prof and Firefox for $280.

There is a Mozilla Firefox Directory on programs (x86) and also a Mozilla Maintenance sub-directory on (C:) =- but NO Mozilla.org !
I didn't want to use FireFox.

I also have a programs(x86) AND a C:/Programs !!!!! WHAT is THAT all about ?

I downloaded SM 2.46 and loaded THAT about a week ago and now I have a C:/SeaMonkey subdir -

SO - where DO I put this userChrome.css ON MY SYSTEM !? My system apparently does not have the setup you specify.....

DoctorBill