DoctorBill wrote:
Jonathan N. Little wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:

I got the file and added the lines to it, then renamed it userChrome.css
and tried to save it in that same sub-dir and was told I need permission
to save the file there.....? ? ? ? ? ?

What to do now ?

You are putting it in the wrong place, not under the program's directory
but under your profile.

Should go here:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[RANDOM].default\chrome

NOTE 1: Your profile directory will be uniquely names some 8 character
random name plus ".default"

NOTE 2: The chrome subdirectory may not be present. Just create and put
userChrome.css chrome there.

OK...I DO NOT HAVE any c:/Mozilla.org for SeaMonkey !
nor can I find a ----->
"%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[RANDOM].default\chrome "

This used business computer came with Win 7 Prof and Firefox for $280.

There is a Mozilla Firefox Directory on programs (x86)  and also a
Mozilla Maintenance sub-directory on (C:) =- but NO Mozilla.org !
I didn't want to use FireFox.

I also have  a programs(x86) AND a C:/Programs !!!!!   WHAT is THAT all
about ?

I downloaded SM 2.46 and loaded THAT about a week ago and now I have a
C:/SeaMonkey subdir -

SO - where DO I put this userChrome.css ON  MY SYSTEM !?    My system
apparently does not have the setup you specify.....

DoctorBill

To find the SeaMonkey profile, search for cookies.sqlite. It is in the profile. You can also use Help > Troubleshooting Information and click the button beside Profile Folder.