Might be a Paypal thing. Two years ago I was able to send USD directly from a Euro account. Since then they changed the website and process so much to make it more customer "friendly" and automatically convert currencies now. Needless to say this was only done to fill their pockets because the exchange rate was/is way off and more what your credit card provider would charge you. That said the SeaMonkey account is in Euros and unless you plan to donate huge sums it doesn't matter. It needs to be converted at one end. Currently just add about 9% to the Euro value and you have USD value or more clear 1 EUR = 1.09 USD. With Paypals rate conversion it is probably 1.04 or so.

FRG

Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Are you unable to change the currency?

FRG

No, it stays in Euros. If I click on the Paypal logo shown on the website
account using my US Paypal credentials, it will recognize me and accept a
donation but only in euros. It then converts it from euros to dollars. However,
I cannot enter dollars directly. Too bad they can't fix that.

Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
It should. What is the error message?

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/donate/

is for Europe and Euros. Where is the one for the US and dollars?

FRG

Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
If you are in the EU a SEPA transfer in Euros is the best and will cost the
recipient and you nothing or next to nothing. Otherwise the charges for the
transfer may be higher that the sum transfered.

FRG

I/'m in the US and there appears to be no way to make a donation to
Seamonkey by
any means including Paypal, Credit card, etc. Why doesn't Seamonkey accept
donations from the US?