Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> Might be a Paypal thing. Two years ago I was able to send USD directly from a
> Euro account. Since
> then they changed the website and process so much to make it more customer
> "friendly" and
> automatically convert currencies now. Needless to say this was only done to
> fill their pockets
> because the exchange rate was/is way off and more what your credit card
> provider would charge you.
> That said the SeaMonkey account is in Euros and unless you plan to donate
> huge sums it doesn't
> matter. It needs to be converted at one end. Currently just add about 9% to
> the Euro value and you
> have USD value or more clear 1 EUR = 1.09 USD. With Paypals rate conversion
> it is probably 1.04 or so.
>
> FRG

The default currency is used for the Paypal account of the person who setup the
page and in this
case it is Euros. However, there is a Paypal option that allows the default
currency to be changed
to whatever you choose. It is located in the Paypal instructions at "To change
the default currency,
click Currency and select a different currency." Another option might be to
have two Donate buttons:
one designated as Euros and the other designated as Dollars.

Arnie G