DoctorBill wrote:
I don't know if this News group is where to get help with a problems I
have.
I bought a used laptop with WiFi using Windows Vista.
I have a wireless Internet Dish outside which connects to my computer
via a cable.
I bought and set up a NetGear 600 Router in my house - connected to the
ISP Cable.
It is working.  This Desktop is connected to the Router right now via a
cable.
When I try to set up a WiFi connection on the Laptop, VISTA says I am
connected with a strong signal.

However, when I start up SeaMonkey, it won't connect to the Internet.
I had set up and used SM - with the cable connected directly to the
Laptop - and got
onto the Internet.  Now via the WiFi, I cannot connect.

Am I doing something wrong here ?    How do I get the WiFi signal the
Laptop is getting
to interface with SeaMonkey and then the ISP ?

I have NEVER used WiFi and don't know squat about it.  Especially the
Jargon.  Dinosaur.

DoctorBill

Here is a real kicker !
I bought a Roswell USB (thumbdrive sized) WiFi Adapter and loaded it onto
this %@&$#& Laptop and THAT works !
I can immediately get onto the Internet via my Router with the Roswell
WiFi !

Can this Atheros WiFi [embedded in Laptop's Back (screwed in plate)] be too
old or outdated junk ?

This was a Laptop I bought at Goodwill for $30 - it works well - looks
new !
Was a used business Computer.  Wonder if the bad WiFi prompted it's
demise....

Totally stumped !  I give up !

DoctorBill
Sometimes there's a switch on laptops that can get turned off.
Do you have a wi-fi light on your Laptop?
Jim