Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 5/26/2017 8:51 PM:
rickman wrote:

joegw...@comcast.net wrote on 5/26/2017 7:16 PM:

3.  While I have no problem changing the font size in the body of
messages and postings, I have not found a way to change the size
of text in such things as the list of messages; this makes SM very
difficult to use an a large high-resolution display.

When you figure out that one let me know!  I nearly can't read the
post subjects or tell when a group has new posts.  I'm getting
serious eyestrain.

On my Windows system, that's a function of the operating system.
Right-click an empty area of the desktop, choose "Properties" (Win7:
"Personalize"), and you can configure the font sizes of menu items in
all programs at once.

I've already set that for Windows. This program behaves differently from other apps including *T-Bird* which shares a common code base but not the details of the look.

On your system (which OS?), is this peculiar to SeaMonkey, or are all
menu items in all programs equally hard to read? If it's a global issue,
it needs a global solution; it makes no sense to customize every program
separately.

There are some apps which are not coded to work with the Windows setting. So they are still very small. Eudora is one. It is a program that has not had any updates for over 15 years.

--

Rick C