joegw...@comcast.net wrote:
On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 7:45:24 PM UTC-4, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
joegw...@comcast.net wrote:
I just installed SeaMonkey 2.46 on my 27" iMac under MacOS 10.9.5, and have
gotten SM to mostly work, but there are some problems:

1.  My ISP requires a password to post email to the SMTP server, but I have not
figured out how to enter such a password.  An email client that cannot post
email isn't much use, so one assumes that there is a solution.  In this case, I
knew that I had not been able to enter a password, but I won't be that lucky in
the future.

At the top of the screen, select "Edit"
Select "Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings"
Scroll down to the bottom for "Outgoing Server SMTP"
Click "Add" and then add the details for your mail server.

On mine, I have "Normal Password" selected. The first time I try sending an
email, it asks for my
password and then saves it so it won't ask for it again. This is somewhat of an
over simplification
but you can Google Seamonkey Mail Setup for more details.

I've tried all this, to no avail.

Joe

You need to set SeaMonkey to save passwords. Preferences > Privacy & Security > Passwords > check "Remember passwords". In Account Settings > Server Settings for an account, check "Always request authentication when connecting to this server".