rickman wrote:
joegw...@comcast.net wrote on 5/26/2017 7:16 PM:
I just installed SeaMonkey 2.46 on my 27" iMac under MacOS 10.9.5, and
have gotten SM to mostly work, but there are some problems:

1.  My ISP requires a password to post email to the SMTP server, but I
have not figured out how to enter such a password.  An email client
that cannot post email isn't much use, so one assumes that there is a
solution.  In this case, I knew that I had not been able to enter a
password, but I won't be that lucky in the future.

Use as a newsgroup reader is also greatly hindered, because one cannot
sent email replies, or save copies of postings as emails to self.

I don't know about saving posts as emails to self, but SeaMonkey is also
a newsreader.  So all those features should be included in the
newsreader function of SeaMonkey.

Actually I just checked and I can click "reply to sender" then edit the
address and email it to myself.

2.  Is there a log file that records the chit-chat between SM and the
email and/or news servers.  This is essential for troubleshooting
problems like why my attempts to sent email never complete.

3.  While I have no problem changing the font size in the body of
messages and postings, I have not found a way to change the size of
text in such things as the list of messages; this makes SM very
difficult to use an a large high-resolution display.

When you figure out that one let me know!  I nearly can't read the post
subjects or tell when a group has new posts.  I'm getting serious
eyestrain.

I got the font to be readable in the whole interface by adding code to my userChrome.css file in the profile in the subdirectory "chrome". The first line in that file has to be the namespace line.

/* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning */ @namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul";);
 /* set default namespace to XUL */

/* Fonts */
window,page,dialog,menu,wizard,prefwindow,tab,statusbar,toolbar,textbox,button {
   font-size: 15px !important;
   font-family: Trebuchet MS !important;
}

More info about userChrome.css here: