joegw...@comcast.net wrote:
I just installed SeaMonkey 2.46 on my 27" iMac under MacOS 10.9.5, and have
gotten SM to mostly work, but there are some problems:

1.  My ISP requires a password to post email to the SMTP server, but I have not
figured out how to enter such a password.  An email client that cannot post
email isn't much use, so one assumes that there is a solution.  In this case, I
knew that I had not been able to enter a password, but I won't be that lucky in
the future.

What is your ISP? Comcast?

What are your Outgoing Server (SMTP) settings?

See: <http://www.serversmtp.com/en/smtp-comcast> or contact your ISP for the proper settings.

You don't get a password prompt asking for the password and allowing you to save it in SeaMonkey's password manager?

Use as a newsgroup reader is also greatly hindered, because one cannot sent
email replies, or save copies of postings as emails to self.

Are you using Google Groups to post messages, or subscribed to this group on news.mozilla.org?

Not able to send replies to the mailing list, or another person? It is better to reply to the list or newsgroup.

2.  Is there a log file that records the chit-chat between SM and the email
and/or news servers.  This is essential for troubleshooting problems like why
my attempts to sent email never complete.

The key combination Ctrl+Shift+J should bring up the Error Console, which may have error messages related to why your attempts never complete.

3.  While I have no problem changing the font size in the body of messages and
postings, I have not found a way to change the size of text in such things as
the list of messages; this makes SM very difficult to use an a large
high-resolution display.

Chris provided the instructions for creating a userChrome.css file. This may also help <http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=UserChrome.css&printable=yes>