DoctorBill wrote:
I am using SM 2.46 right now.  I just lately installed it on my
wife's desktop. We both are using Windows 7 Pro. I do not know why,
but on my computer, when there are multiple Tabs, the Tab in use at
the moment is light colored.  In Pref's, appearance, colors, active
is set to Red.

On my wife's computer, all the (Multiple) tabs in use are ALL the
same color, which makes it difficult to tell which tab you are in
at any moment.  Underline links is checked.

I have looked in preferences to see why my Tabs act that way in
order to fix my wife's system.

Is this current tab thing a SM thing or a Windows 7 thing ?

Can someone tell me what to toggle in SM (or Windows 7) to make
the current Tab (when there are multiple tabs) different (light,
colored, something to identify it) ?

DoctorBill

This is MADDENING ! - for someone who doesn't know SM
intimately......

Windows 7 Pro has SeaMonkey, Mozilla, and CHROME in many MULTIPLE
directories on the C:/ drive !  Which ones do what !?

Some - I cannot get to (they don't even show up) in Windows Explorer
(WinKey + E).

I have put MY userChrome.css.css into a couple of the Chrome
directories in my wife's machine W/O ANY EFFECT on her computer.
Which CHROME subdirectory is THE one affecting SM's Tabs ????

Doing the %appdata% thing does not tell me WHERE I went on the
Directory Tree in Wins 7. "Users"  "PC"  - this is difficult to keep
track of AND it looks like it is different on our two computers !
Can SM load up DIFFERENTLY on different Windows 7 Pro machines ?

EEEGAD !

DoctorBill

The easiest way to get to the profile folder is:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information
- About half way down the "Application Basics" section, next to "Profile Folder" click "Show Folder"; that should open the folder for the current profile
- Within that folder there should be a "chrome" folder (if not, create it)
- Within the "chrome" folder, you can create a userChrome.css file as described (or edit the existing one if it already exists)

Make sure the file is named userChrome.css - not userChrome.css.css! On Windows Explorer, it is helpful to go to Organise > Folder and Search Options (menu names may be different in Windows 7!) and on the View tab untick "Hide extensions for known file types". That way you can see and change the extension. You might also want to set "Show hidden files and folders" so that you can see the hidden folders such as AppData.

--
Mark.