DoctorBill wrote:
I am using SM 2.46 right now.  I just lately installed it on my wife's
desktop.
We both are using Windows 7 Pro.
I do not know why, but on my computer, when there are multiple Tabs, the
Tab in use at the moment is light colored.  In Pref's, appearance,
colors, active is set to Red.

On my wife's computer, all the (Multiple) tabs in use are ALL the same
color, which makes it difficult to tell which tab you are in at any
moment.  Underline links is checked.

I have looked in preferences to see why my Tabs act that way in order to
fix my wife's system.

Is this current tab thing a SM thing or a Windows 7 thing ?

Can someone tell me what to toggle in SM (or Windows 7) to make the
current Tab (when there are multiple tabs) different (light, colored,
something to identify it) ?

DoctorBill

This is what I am talking about - if I can show images here....that is.
[img]https://s19.postimg.org/v5v708f6r/Sea_Monkey_with_Tabs.jpg[/img]

DoctorBill

I see this News Group won't show images like forums do.
Anyway - just click on the link.   You can see how the current Tab being
used is lighter.
How do I make my wife's system do that ?  Not obvious - to me, that is.
DB

If it is not a monitor gamma issue or a custom theme you can style it to make it extra obvious

WinKey+R

enter:
%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles

Go into profile folder

[8-RANDOM-CHARS].default

Enter chome subdirectory, if not present create one

edit or create userChrome.css

/* Make active tab obvious I used yellow for demonstration */
.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"] *
{
    background-color: yellow !important;
}

Save and start SeaMonkey and see results when you create some tabs...

--
Take care,

Jonathan