On 8/7/2017 10:32 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
I just noticed today that when I click on a mailto: link, SeaMonkey
opens a browser window at the location about:blank and then immediately
afterward opens a mail composition window with the target email address
in the To: field.

Just me, or are others seeing this?

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46
Build identifier: 20161213183751

No problems in my 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 in my mailto links on my personal web sites. Why not upgrade your SM to v2.48 (have to download its full installer to upgrade though)?
--
"He who cannot pick up an ant, and wants to pick up an elephant will some day see his folly." --African Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.