On 8/8/2017 9:15 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> On 8/8/17 at 1:32 AM, Paul B. Gallagher created this epitome of
>> digital genius:
>>> I just noticed today that when I click on a mailto: link,
>>> SeaMonkey opens a browser window at the location about:blank and
>>> then immediately afterward opens a mail composition window with the
>>> target email address in the To: field.
>>>
>>> Just me, or are others seeing this?
>>>
>>> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0)
>>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46
>>> Build identifier: 20161213183751
>>>

>> Are you clicking the mailto link in SM? Or another browser?
>
> In an incoming HTML mail message in SM.
>
> The source code looks like this (sanitizing the domain name):

> target="blank">supp...@companyname.com</a>
>
> Could it be the target="blank" option?

Yes, the
        target="blank"
is most likely the cause.  It means that a blank window or tab should be
opened before honoring whatever protocol (mailto in this case) is
specified.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump demands loyalty to himself from Republican members
of Congress.  I always thought that members of Congress -- House
and Senate -- were required to be loyal to the people of the
United States.  In any case, they all swore an oath of office
to be loyal to the Constitution.