Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Steve Dunn wrote:

On 2017-08-22 10:20, null wrote:

Do I have HTML5 support? From the above, I'm unclear.

You do, but you are missing one of the most common codecs, which may
be the problem.  There are numerous codecs
(COmpressors-DECompressors) for video, much like there are for audio,
and you need to have at least one in common with whatever codecs the
site you're visiting supports.

My 32-bit Seamonkey 2.46 running on 64-bit Windows 7 has checkmarks
in all of those boxes, and has no problem playing videos on Youtube.
That does lend credence to the theory that it's because you're
missing H.264.

Years ago, I saw a recommendation for the K-Lite Codec Pack and I
installed it on my computer.  Maybe that's the difference.

My 32-bit SeaMonkey 2.46 running on 64-bit Windows 7 Pro SP1 also has check marks in all the boxes, but not because I ever installed K-Lite. This thread is the first I've heard of it.

However, I do have the VLC player installed, as well as Adobe Flash and Shockwave, so maybe one of those provided the required code. In its advanced preferences, VLC lists H264 under "demuxers," FWIW.

Yup, have had VLC, flash, shockwave installed for a long time. Doesn't make any difference.