Mason83 wrote:
On 26/08/2017 16:24, null wrote:

Mason83 wrote:

That's an MP4 container with H.264-encoded video.
They don't specify the audio codec, I'll bet AAC.
That "test" video at the above link has unfortunately been removed by
the user.

When you right click on the settings button on the Youtube window, you
get an option for geeks which when selected gives info about the video.
However, it doesn't seem to give the sort of info you cite above. Where
did you get that from?
Yeah, it was in the stats for geeks.

Mime Type: video/mp4; codecs="avc1.4d401e"

mp4 means an MPEG-4 Part 14 container.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14

avc1.4d401e means H.264 Main Profile Level 3
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16363167/html5-video-tag-codecs-attribute

Have a look at that page, it seems pretty nifty.
http://www.leanbackplayer.com/test/h5mt.html

I wonder what kind of sniffing it performs.

Regards.
So you got that test video I referenced to play before it was removed by the user, so you were able to get that info from the stats for geeks, right? In my case, that video, and others that won't play DO show some geek info, but the line labelled "Mime type" shows no data. The videos that DO play DO show that kind of data.